VACANCY FOR POSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS FELLOW
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Communications Fellow to be based in Johannesburg/Cape Town. The position will entail a full-time, six months contract.
- Support the development of a digital and social media strategy and integrate into overall communications plan
- Monitor and report on engagement, impact and metrics and make recommendations thereof
- Support the development of content on CSVR’s digital media and social media channels
- Contribute to the generation of press coverage in national media for CSVR in order to build CSVR’s profile in the region
- Assist in organising media events, including news conferences and press briefings
- Assist in organising and documenting CSVR’s internal seminars
- Ensure timely updates to CSVR website and do quality control of website content
- Honours Degree in Social Sciences, journalism, public relations, writing, digital marketing or equivalent
- Writing and Editing skills
- Digital Marketing skills
- Web copywriting, usability principles and online analytics tools skills