The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold States accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint an Advocacy LME Officer to be based in its Johannesburg Office. The position will entail a one-year contract, renewable dependent on funding. The successful candidate will be part of the CSVR’s Advocacy Team.
- Document and generate knowledge products on Advocacy Programme activities
- Contribute to the development of a learning, monitoring and evaluation (LME) and knowledge management strategy for the CSVR Advocacy Programme that strengthens organisational LME efforts
- Assist in monitoring Advocacy Programme projects and interventions
- Support Advocacy Programme communications
- Identify and build on synergies with CSVR Research and MHPSS Programmes
- Implement gender mainstreaming across Advocacy Programme LME
- Contribute to organisational processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
- At least three years’ of experience
- Experience conducting learning-focused LME, preferably in the non-governmental sector
- Knowledge on transitional justice is preferred but not mandatory
- Understanding of knowledge management approaches and systems
- Good English-language writing and editing skills; proficiency in French language is an added advantage
- Experience working with diverse communities/victims
- Experience in communications and the development of videos, podcasts and/or other products an added advantage
Please submit letter of application, CV, writing sample and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 18th January 2023.