The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold States accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint an Advocacy Specialist – to be based in its Johannesburg or Cape Town office. The position will entail a one-year contract, renewable dependent on funding. The successful candidate will be part of CSVR’s Advocacy Team.
- Generate and translate knowledge into Advocacy interventions that influence other practitioners, decision and policymakers at the national, continental and international level
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategy for the Advocacy interventions
- Identify, initiate and maintain stakeholder relations that are critical for Advocacy interventions at a national, continental and international level.
- Contribute to programmatic fundraising and lead in generating funding for their area of speciality.
- Support the development of Advocacy skills through mentorship of other staff
- Develop and implement organisational learning and knowledge management processes and disseminate knowledge within CSVR and externally.
- Implement gender mainstreaming in the programme
- Master’s degree in Research/Social Sciences or equivalent
- At least seven years’ experience
- Experience in a non-governmental sector will be an added advantage
- Public Policy Reform & Implementation skills
- Knowledge Management skills
- Raising public awareness skills
- Project Management skills
Please submit a letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com by Wednesday, 18 January 2023.