The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Research Assistant - MHPSS to be based in its Johannesburg/Cape Town Office. The position will entail a one-year contract. The successful candidate will be part of the CSVR’s Research Team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of CSVR’s Research strategy at national, continental and international levels
- Assist in the designing of MHPSS research projects and implementing of research plans
- Assist in the development and implementation of MHPSS Research on Transitional Justice
- Contribute to the publication of knowledge products along with the presentation of research data at national, continental, and international levels
- Participate in media engagements, dissemination events and implement the communications plan
- Implement gender and diversity mainstreaming in the MHPSS Research Projects
- Honours Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Law or equivalent
- Research interests and experience in urban violence prevention, transitional justice, comparative politics and international relations, social justice and human rights
- Experience in the non-governmental sector is an added advantage
- Capacity building and technical support
- Contribute to building networks and partnerships
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com by Monday, 16th January 2023.