The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which
envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities
affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold States accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship. CSVR seeks to appoint an Advocacy Officer Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation (LME) to be based in its Johannesburg Office. The position will entail a one-year contract, renewable dependent on funding. The successful candidate will be part of the CSVR’s Advocacy Programme
1.Document and generate knowledge products on Advocacy Programme activities.
2. Contribute to the development of a learning, monitoring and evaluation (LME) and knowledge
management strategy for the CSVR Advocacy Programme that strengthens organisational LME
3. Assist in monitoring Advocacy Programme projects and interventions.
4. Support Advocacy Programme communications.
5. Identify and build on synergies with CSVR Research and MHPSS Programmes.
6. Contribute to Advocacy Programme and organisational processes.
1.Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.
2. At least three years of experience.
3. Experience conducting learning-focused LME, preferably in the non-governmental sector.
4. Knowledge on transitional justice is preferred but not mandatory.
5. Understanding of knowledge management approaches and systems.
6. Good English-language writing and editing skills; proficiency in French language is an added
7. Experience working with diverse contexts.
8. Experience in communications and the development of videos, podcasts and/or other products
is an added advantage
Please submit letter of application, CV, writing sample and names of two references, indicating the
position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com by Friday, 12 November