The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint an Advocacy Programme Manager based in Johannesburg/Cape Town. The position will entail a full-time three year contract, renewable depending on funding. The successful candidate will work as part of CSVR’s Advocacy Programme.
1. Lead on Advocacy strategy development, and manage the development of plans, systems,
processes and procedures for efficient implementation of Advocacy
2. Manage all projects within Advocacy for quality of interventions.
3. Create synergy and collaboration between the Advocacy programme and the work of other
programmes at local, regional and global level.
4. Initiate and manage fundraising initiatives and Advocacy finances.
5. Use expertise in the field to profile the organisation’s work nationally, continentally and
6. Manage the mainstreaming of Gender across the Programme
7. Coordinate stakeholder management across the organisation
1. Masters’ Degree in Human Rights Law/Social Sciences/Development or equivalent
2. At least 10 years’ experience working with regional networks and developing partnerships and
working with policy makers and practitioners at various levels
3. At least 3 years’ experience in management of advocacy initiative
4. At least 2 years financial management of budgets over R2 million
5. Management in the NGO sector will be an added advantage
6. Strategic capability and leadership
7. Organisation, programmes financial and project management
8. People management and empowerment
9. Stakeholder management