The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion, and active citizenship. CSVR seeks to appoint four Psychosocial Professionals, each residing in Eastern Cape, Western Cape, Limpopo or KZN. The position will entail a full-time 10-month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will work as part of CSVR’s MHPSS Programme.
1. Provide Mental Health and Psychosocial Services.
2. Implement the MHPSS systems and procedures for efficient implementation of the work.
3. Provide capacity building for MHPSS at national level.
4. Provide community mental health and psychosocial services.
5. Implement the community based MHPSS systems and procedures for efficient implementation
of the work.
6. Implement gender mainstreaming within the programme.
A master’s degree (or equivalent) in mental health/psychosocial professional (Psychology,
Community Development, Social Work, or equivalent field)
2. Registration with a professional body (i.e., SACSSP and HPCSA)
3. Experience in a non-governmental sector will be an added advantage
4. Capacitation Skills
5. Knowledge Management
6. Planning and organising
7. Facilitation and community engagement