The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold States accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Senior Finance Officer to be based in its Johannesburg Office. The position will entail a one-year contract, renewable dependent on funding. The successful candidate will be part of the CSVR’s Finance Team.
- Contribute in the developing of an effective and efficient organisational financial system.
- Implement finance policies, systems and procedures that are efficient and responsive to programme requirements.
- Review finance policies and systems on a regular basis.
- Review procurement and purchases process to ensure compliance with CSVR policies and donor regulations before payment to vendors.
- Contribute to the timely delivery of organisational and project audits.
- Monitor programme expenditures against budget.
- Honours degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years’ experience,
- Financial Monitoring and Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Experience in a non-governmental sector will be an added advantage
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 13th October 2022.