The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold States accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Senior Legal Officer to be based in its Johannesburg or Cape Town office. The position will entail a one-year contract, renewable dependent on funding. The successful candidate will be part of the CSVR’s Advocacy Team.
- Facilitate victims’ access to justice and redress at national, continental and international level
- Facilitate access to human rights mechanisms at national, continental and international levels for victims of gross human rights violations
- Contribute to Advocacy strategy development, and implementation of plans, systems, processes and procedures
- Contribution to policy making, implementation and monitoring at national, continental and international levels
- Provide content and technical support in the implementation of transitional justice, peacebuilding and human rights interventions at national, continental and international levels.
- Generate and share knowledge to profile the organisation’s work at national, continental and international levels
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships and networks
- Implement gender mainstreaming in the programme
- Honours degree in law/LLB Degree or equivalent
- Admitted attorney with 3 years’ experience, at least two of which is in public interest litigation
- Experience in a non-government sector will be an advantage
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com by Monday, 12th September 2022.