The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Senior MHPSS Researcher to be based in its Johannesburg or Cape Town office. The position will entail a two-year contract, renewable dependent on funding. The successful candidate will be part of the CSVR’s Research Team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of CSVR’s research strategy at national, continental and international levels
- Design, manage, implement research projects
- Maintain partnerships and network building
- Produce a diverse range of knowledge products shared through dissemination plans
- Implement gender mainstreaming in the with MHPSS research initiatives
- Master’s degree in research/Social Sciences or equivalent
- Five years of research experience on violence prevention and community safety initiatives
- Experience conducting MHPSS research and working with diverse communities/victims
- Experience in evaluation and assessments of intervention models
- Published researcher in grey and academic literature
- Project Management expertise including budgets and donor reporting
- Experience in the non-governmental sector will be an added advantage
Please submit letter of application, CV, writing sample and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com by Friday, 2nd December 2022.